I agree with everything in this message except the choice of subject
line.

# from Ovid on Sunday 19 August 2007 05:44 am:

>What we appear to disagree on is how to handle non-MNF tests.  The
> main dividing line seems to be whether we should have a separate test
> directory.
>There's also the the question of recursive tests.

It's not really a question though.  Some distros rely on 'recursive'
tests under 't/' for their MNF tests.  So, any solution which is
incompatible[1] with this usage cannot cover the general case.

[1] incompatible:  not backwards-compatible with all existing tools

>So far I've not seen a single compelling argument *for* sticking
>everything in the 't/' directory and I haven't seen a single
> compelling argument *against* a new directory.

Is anyone in this camp (the camp of "for 't/'" or "against 'something
different'") actually using a recursive test hierarchy for their MNF
tests?

--Eric
--
You can't whack a chisel without a big wooden mallet.
    http://scratchcomputing.com