Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> David Golden wrote:
>> On 9/25/07, Chris Dolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Well, one option might be something like:
>>>    http://www.cpanforum.com/tags/name/helpwanted
>>> Gabor, would it be easy to add an Atom/RSS feed for a particular tag?
>>>
>> Please no!  Let's not spread module metadata around any more than we have to.
>>
>> Extend META.yml to include the same kind of information that used to
>> be managed via the modules list.  If someone wants to write a website
>> to index and syndicate *that*, fine, but don't make authors go to
>> multiple places to create and manage their metadata.
>>

> Yuck.  I don't want to release a new dist just to add a tag to my module.

I think (I hope) David was balking at the idea of encoding release information
as CPAN forum tags and not so much at the idea of CPAN forum tags themselves
as independent search keywords.

If he wasn't, then let's just nip that in the bud as it's rather off topic.

--
I have a date with some giant cartoon robots and booze.