I am looking for a way to run a fully-automated CPAN build (using CPAN::Shell) of a local Perl module and its dependencies, but, I need to make REMOVE some directories from the compiled-in @INC during the build process.

The entire set of modules resulting from the build (local plus public) will be included inside a conventional desktop application that will be deployed to machines running Mac OS X.

My build script currently uses CPAN::Shell and a local CPAN mirror (created with CPAN::Mini::Inject)

The compiled-in @INC looks something like this abbreviated example:
  @INC:
    /System/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
    /System/Library/Perl/5.8.8
    /Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
    /Library/Perl/5.8.8
    /Library/Perl
    /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
    /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8
    .

What I want is to EXCLUDE certain directories from @INC during the build process, specifically anything under /Library/Perl, especially in the sub-processes that CPAN::Shell creates when building each distribution. The desired result is that build dependencies will not be satisfied by any previously installed modules in the excluded directories.

Ideally, I would like something I can set in my CPAN configuration for
  makepl_arg
  mbuildpl_arg

that would cause Perl to ignore certain entries in @INC. Kind of the inverse to the -I command line switch.

Any suggestions folks?