* Andy Armstrong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-11-29 23:25]:
> On 29 Nov 2007, at 22:09, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
>> Why this mental overhead? Do they really have to be ordered?
>> Is there any way that any other order would do anything
>> remotely useful? Would `save,fail,all` be useful? Or
>> `all,save,fail`? Every order I can think of besides the one
>> you gave is pretty useless in an order-sensitive scheme.
>
> Sure - in that case. But
>
>  failed,todo,all
>
> would do something sensible and distinct from
>
>  todo,failed,all

Aha. I see; those were examples that hadn’t come up before. So
ordering is useful to avoid an explosion of options. At the same
time, there is a bunch of aspects where order sensitivity clearly
does not make sense: does save,todo,failed do something useful?
Or todo,save,failed? Or all,failed,todo or all,todo,failed?

There is also Eric’s inquiry about how composed commands line,
eg. from aliases, would be handled.

Hm. I think this needs more thought…

Regards,