On Thursday 29 November 2007 19:21:12 Andy Armstrong wrote:

> I don't believe producer (Test::Builder) and consumer (Test::Harness)
> are necessarily entirely alike or symmetrical in this regard. T::B
> pushes and T::H pulls - which makes callbacks or some higher level
> event driven interface more appropriate for T::H than it would be for
> T::B. Many extensions to T::H will be observing passing tests or
> providing UI wrappers. T::B on the other hand is a multiplexer for a
> variety of inputs.

The situation isn't as different as it sounds.  There are at least three ways
in which people might want to customize prove:

* the way it causes other things to produce TAP
* the way it analyzes parsed TAP
* the way it displays the results

For some reason I think of event-driven filters.  Then again, it is almost
midnight local time.

-- c