Michael G Schwern wrote:
Paul Johnson wrote:
This is something that I too have asked for in the past.  I've even
hacked up my own stuff to do it, though obviously not as elegantly as
you or Geoff.  Here's my use case.

I have a bunch of tests that generally pass.  I hack something
fundamental and run my tests.  Loads of them fail.  Diagnostics spew
over my screen.  "Urgh", I say.  Now I could scroll back through them.

When faced with a tough problem it's often useful to go back check that it's
actually the problem and not a solution posing as a problem.

"Make Test::Builder die on failure" is a solution, and it's not a particularly
good one.  It's hard to implement in Test::Builder and there's all the loss of
information issues I've been yelping bout.

The problem I'm hearing over and over again is "Test::Builder is spewing crap
all over my screen and obscuring the first, real failure".  So now that the
problem is clearly stated, how do we solve it without making all that spew
(which can be useful) totally unavailable?

Whatever the answer is, invoking a solution that requires universal education of humans isn't a viable answer.

I keep seeing "use this method, or that method"...

None of them look trivial.

Whatever method is used, should involve 3 keystrokes or less.

This shouldn't be any more complicated than " -g" (where g in my case stands for "goat" as in "feinting goat")

Adam K