On 8 Mar 2008, at 17:54, Chris Dolan wrote:

Has anyone seen this error?

Unknown arguments to TAP::Harness::new (verbosity color) at /Users/ chris/perl/lib/perl5/Test/Harness.pm line 274

It's causing both CPAN and CPANPLUS to fail all installs on my development machine. Web search turned up only this comment, with no real solution:
 http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=666453
I've grepped and acked ~/perl/lib and ~/.cpan but cannot figure out where the problem arguments are coming from. Has anyone else seen this? I'm posting here rather than RT because I can't figure out who is at fault. It very well could be me, because this is happening on just one machine.

  Perl 5.8.6 (Apple's dist for OSX 10.4)
  Test::Harness 3.10
  TAP::Harness 0.54
  TAP::Parser 0.54
  CPAN 1.9205
  CPANPLUS 0.82

Yeah, you have a mixture of Test::Harness and TAP::Parser installed. You need to delete those old versions of TAP::Harness and TAP::Parser. TAP::* and Test::Harness should be the same versions.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten