Buddy Burden wrote:
Not criticizing, not claiming my method is better, just looking for
any reasons why this wouldn't work.  And, JIC there's some agreement
that it _would_ work, I've already put together a patch for Test::Most
that does it.  That is, at the top of your script, you put this:

        use Test::Most 'defer_plan';

and at the bottom of your script, you put this:

        all_done();

and it just DTRT.  The implementation is perhaps not as clean as I'd
like it to be, but it's not a horrific hack either.  I'm going to
forward it to Ovid through normal CPAN channels.

Thoughts?

This method is fine and has been suggested several times before.

I've just been dragging my feet on it. I finally had occasion to make use of it when I had to hand roll a C TAP library (libtap tried to be nice about threads and wound up losing). I hate writing plans, and C makes everything 3x more annoying, so I wrote a done_testing() function and just didn't bother requiring a plan at all. It was all very convenient.

So maybe I'll get around to implementing it.

--
Insulting our readers is part of our business model.
        http://somethingpositive.net/sp07122005.shtml