There are some keys in the new YAML diagnostics which are "reserved".
For example:

  not ok 2 - some test
    ---
    results:
      have: ...
      want: ...
    Secure: y
  ok 3 - another test

The current suggestion is that we allow "custom" keys to be upper-case,
as we have above.  That can lead to issues like this:

  not ok 2 - some test
    ---
    results:
      have: ...
      Want: ...
    Secure: y
  ok 3 - another test

Did you see the bug there?  Since 'want' is optional, an author might
think that 'Want' is a good idea.  There's also some question about how
we can identify 'upper-case' keys.  This isn't always clear in
different languages, particularly character sets which don't have a
concept of upper and lower case (Chinese?).

However, it's been suggested that we do this:

  not ok 2 - some test
    ---
    results:
      have: ...
  ok 3 - another test

By requiring user keys to begin with 'X-', it's visually distinct,
immediately clear to the user, it follows conventions used in mail and
HTML headers, and if it's wrong, it's easy to change.  However, if
we're wrong about allowing upper case keys, it could be difficult to
change.  Some, however, are insistent that people won't read the keys
too much and we want people to have flexibility.

Are there pros and cons you can suggest?

Cheers,
Ovid

--
Buy the book  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/