Nicholas Clark a écrit :
On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 09:31:22AM -0400, Jerry D. Hedden wrote:

If the functionality in test.pl (that does not currently
exist in other module) could be duplicated elsewhere using a
Test::Builder-based module, would there be a reason then to
maintain test.pl?  Would it be better then to eliminate
test.pl entirely?

No, it should stay. It intentionally doesn't use packages internally, and (at
least) some other constructions. (specifically ++.

I played with this a bit a couple of years ago. What I wanted to do at the time was to see how far one could push the envelope using an absolute minimal syntax, such as replacing unless () by negated if, && and || by 'and' and 'or' (or at least settling on one or the other), eschewing statement modifiers, ternaries and so on.

I also wanted to prove that t/base/* and t/cmd/* provided tests for
all constructs seen in test.pl, but after playing around with B::Concise for a while I realised it was a non-trivial undertaking.

David

Although a quick skim suggests that some use of -> for method calls has
slipped in, with File::Spec and Config, in which_perl(), fresh_perl* and
the isa/can tests)

Oh the decadence.

Nicholas Clark