--- On Mon, 18/8/08, Dominique Quatravaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > YAML::Tiny seems to do everything that JSON does, so I
> must now eat crow (nom, nom, nom, gag).
>
> Well, hope you found it tasty, but JSON is still a
> reasonable
> alternative to consider if non-Perl implementations are
> better than
> YAML's.

Oh, definitely agreed.  I cannot assert that non-Perl implementations of JSON
are any better, but JSON is simple enough that I'm pretty damned sure they are.
 However, YAML is so problematic that I *CAN* state that non-Perl versions are
often as problematic as Perl's.

As much as I aesthetically appreciate the *appearance* of YAML, I accept David
Golden's argument that the diagnostics should be more focused on machine
reading than human reading.

Cheers,
Ovid
--