On Sep 2, 2008, at 13:23, chromatic wrote:

I already know that my distributions don't work if you don't install the dependencies, or if you use an unsupported version of Perl. You don't have
to waste anyone's time testing that.  What I don't know is if my
distributions work on different operating systems or architectures. I'd love to know that, but if I have to wade through dozens of reports containing no
useful information (or worse, sift through FAIL and UNKNOWN reports
containing no useful information about my code), it's not worth my time
anymore.  There's no maybe() function in Test::More for a reason.

Like Ovid, I don't mind the dubious FAILs all that much. I always query the reporter when it's not immediately apparent to me what the problem is (and I've added configure_requires and added a minimum perl version to requires in Build.PL to address most of the failures I've had), and most are quite responsive, helping me to diagnose failures (mainly on Windows -- and David Golden has been very helpful there, I might add) or telling me that it was an issue with their infrastructure.

I no longer pay attention to the report emails, though; I don't get them all, for some reason. What I now use is the RSS feed:

  http://cpantesters.perl.org/author/DWHEELER.rss

This makes it easy for me to sift through things. The only thing that would make it better is if I could get it to display only FAILs. To whom should a feature request be sent (I thought I sent a patch to acme at one timeā€¦)?

Thanks,

David