http://test-more.googlecode.com/files/Test-Simple-0.81_01.tar.gz

Before I start tearing up the guts of Test::Builder in earnest, I figure I
should get a last release out.  Here's an alpha of Test::More with a bunch of
new little features and bug fixes, including...

* note() which is like diag() but doesn't show up to the user
* explain(), stolen from Test::Most, is a smart dumper
* new_ok(), syntactic sugar for my $obj = Class->new; isa_ok $obj, "Class";

Also the oldest remaining ticket, 7022 over four years old, has been closed.
That makes 7357 the oldest which is... uh, still four years old.

Thanks to Hans Dieter Pearcey for fixing a small pile of bugs during the
YAPC::NA hackathon.

Finally, Test::More has a new home.  I've moved it onto Google Code in order
to allow better collaboration...
http://code.google.com/p/test-more/

...with a dedicated mailing list.
http://groups.google.com/group/test-more-users

0.81_01  Sat Sep  6 15:13:50 PDT 2008
    New Features
    * Adam Kennedy bribed me to add new_ok().  The price was one DEFCON
      license key.  [rt.cpan.org 8891]
    * TODO tests can now start and end with 'todo_start' and 'todo_end'
      Test::Builder methods. [rt.cpan.org 38018]
    * Added Test::Builder->in_todo() for a safe way to check if a test is
      inside a TODO block.  This allows TODO tests with no reason.
    * Added note() and explain() to both Test::More and Test::Builder.
      [rt.cpan.org 14764] [test-more.googlecode.com 3]

    Features Changed
    * Changed the message for extra tests run to show the number of tests run
      rather than the number extra to avoid the user having to do mental math.
      [rt.cpan.org 7022]

    Bug fixes
    - using a relative path to perl broke tests
      [rt.cpan.org 34050]
    - use_ok() broke $SIG{__DIE__} in the used module
      [rt.cpan.org 34065]
    - diagnostics for isnt() were confusing on failure
      [rt.cpan.org 33642]
    - warnings when MakeMaker's version contained _
      [rt.cpan.org 33626]
    - add explicit test that non-integer plans die correctly
      [rt.cpan.org 28836]
      (Thanks to Hans Dieter Pearcey [confound] for fixing the above)
    - die if no_plan is given an argument
      [rt.cpan.org 27429]

--
I have a date with some giant cartoon robots and booze.