Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
> * David Golden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-09-05 21:10]:
>> * After a period of time to allow people to opt-in, the default
>>   policy for authors without a stated preference will be
>>   changed to "no mail".
>>
>>   From that point on, CPAN Testers will be a purely opt-in
>>   service. Hopefully, the design of the notification system
>>   will be such that people who want to innovate new ways of
>>   filtering notifications to particular distributions or
>>   platforms of interest can contribute to the code base to do
>>   so.
>
> I would hope that this still leaves room for Eric Wilhelm’s
> proposed “welcome basket” mail getting sent at least once to new
> authors, so they have a chance to learn about the things that the
> CPAN Testers can do for them, should they so desire.

If all the template stuff about why you're receiving the email and such could
be sent out in the welcome basket (or just moved to a URL), then it would no
longer be necessary to send it out with every! single! report!.  And then I
won't have to wade through it to get to the meat of the thing which will let
me process reports faster which will make me happy.

--
Being faith-based doesn't trump reality.
        -- Bruce Sterling