On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 03:24:50PM -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> * Andy Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-10-28T13:03:24]
> > >has-test-pod and has-test-pod-coverage ones (if you find that any of  my
> > >modules meet those metrics, please file a bug report.)
> >
> > Oh, come on Eric, I'm proud of TP (which is really brian's) and TPC!
> >

> Hey, I love those modules... but I don't want to ship tests with them in my
> dist.  Nobody needs to run those but me.

Actually, is_pod_ok tests could be run by CPANTS directly (the kwalitee
metric is relevant to the pod, not the test script presence).

For is_pod_coverage_ok, I suppose CPANTS could also run it, but there is
a need to mark uncovered method as exceptions, which implies some kind
of extra comments or file or way to pass the information back to CPANTS.

I've seen the discussion about author tests resurface now and then.
For some modules, when the author disappears from the Internet, the
only thing that's left is the distribution (no public repository).
It would certainly be for the best if those distributions contained as
much useful data as possible, and that certainly does include author
tests. I seem to remember that putting them in xt/ was the consensus,
and that the cpantesters tools would ignore them.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 When you wander near evil, Security is only a function of foolishness...