----- Original Message ----

> From: David Golden <xda...@gmail.com>
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Ovidwrote:
> > Thoughts?  Am I totally smoking crack here?  If there's a clean way to
> shoehorn diagnostics on the Test::More-style interface, I guess that would be
> ok.
>
> Doesn't Test::Builder2 address this?  I'd rather see more energy
> directed at getting that done.

Well, I see this as conflating two issues.

First, we've waited years for TB2 and we might have to continue waiting years
for it.
Second, can we create a better interface?

I don't think people should sit around and have to wait for other authors.
Schwern and Colin have done good work, but there's nothing there yet and I know
Schwern is as bad as I am about pushing out new code :)

Also, I think playing around with more fluent interfaces is a good idea.  If my
interface is great, why not?  If it's bad, what would people *love* to see in a
test interface which allows them to naturally write tests?

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/