# from Yanick Champoux
# on Saturday 01 August 2009 09:19:

>        To get around this problem, what I sometime do is to use the
>environment TEST_AUTHOR, but instead of just setting it to a true
> value, I set it to the list of modules I own.  E.g.,

As long as you don't mind running others' tests when they're only
checking for whether it is a true value.

I would like to have prove|Module::Build use some data from my
environment|configs|checkout to decide whether to include xt/author
(and other xt/ stuff) in the default tests.

Maybe something like Eliot's authortest action could be turned into a
Module::Build plugin (though we're still lacking a plugin scheme.)

--Eric
--
"It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are
in a hurry."