Joshua ben Jore wrote:
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Michael G Schwern <schw...@pobox.com> wrote:
A little experimentation with a small disk image shows that close() will
error if there's no disk left.  No need to check every print.  And a close()
wrapper is trivial.  It does mean there needs to be a close() for every
open() which is annoying but less so.  Though I may have found a
non-invasive way for autodie to take care of that, it doesn't help us.

Incidentally, I wrote a fix to automatically transform print and close
into their "or die" alternatives 5+ years ago at
http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=367478. This is out of line for EU::MM
but autodie could become smart enough to use this idea.

Scan and modify the op tree, eh?  That's pretty neat.

--
Robrt:   People can't win
Schwern: No, but they can riot after the game.