I've been to STAREas or the Better Software Conference  a half-dozen times
as a presentor.

I suspect you'd have your best results at what is now called the "Agile
Development Practices" conference, as that likely will draw your most
technical audience.

Personally, I think TAP is a goldmine for automated tests, but I suspect you
might have some trouble connecting to the audience.   My advice would be to
ask those questions of Lee Copeland, the program chair for most of those
conferences, and come up with a abstract that is a good fit for one of those
conferences.

(I wanted to do a tutorial with a similar title to some of Scwern's old work
"What works in software testing, or how to be lazy without really trying,
but never got around to it. :-)

regards,

--heusser