Hello,

I have over 200 Test::Class tests in several directories and I want to
run them in parallel like prove -j. The code uses Moose and a
home-grown framework, so startup cost is significant. Ideally I would
like to load/use all test classes and start then the parallel testing.

Right now I have written a small .t script for every directory, which
uses Test::Class::Load to load the tests from this directory. But
there is one directory (which I can not reorganize), which is too big.

I could write a custom Test::Class::Load class which loads them in
chunks (maybe by hashing the module name to an integer and then use
modulo). But is there another way?

Using prove -j and "INIT { Test::Class->runtests }" in the base class
will not work, because it would load every class in a separate process
and I would suffer from the startup cost.

Thanks for your suggestions,
with kind regards,
Uwe