On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 08:20:28AM +1000, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> When I started Test::Builder2 I gave it its own mailing list so it could have
> its own community and not clutter up perl-qa with detailed chatter about
> Test::Builder2 and Test::More development.
>
> I don't get much response to posts on test-more-users, though I know people
> are subscribed.  perl-qa traffic has dropped off quite a bit.  I'm wondering
> that if I moved Test::More and Test::Builder2 posts back to perl-qa that there
> would be more discussion?

I can't guarantee that there would be any more discussion, but I'm pretty sure
there wouldn't be any less.  I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who is
subscribed to test-more-users is also subscribed to perl-qa.

In general I'm not a fan of having too many separate lists.  Some people (if
they are anything like me) are not going to join individual lists for every
piece of software they are interested in, but they may well contribute to
discussions on a more general list to which they are subscribed.

> Do people not care?  Is it going over everyone's heads?  Is everyone just
> waiting for it to be "done"?  Does it not seem like TB2 is relevant?

I care, but not, it would seem, enough to subscribe to a separate list.

We went through this process when closing down perl-qa-metrics and bringing
that (minimal) traffic back here, and I think that was the right thing to do.

So I suggest bringing discussion back to perl-qa and then people like me will
at least read the messages which is a prerequisite to actually saying
something.  Though, as I say, there's no guarantee that you will get actually
get any more replies.

--
Paul Johnson - p...@pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net