I've stumbled on a bit of an odd case where I have constantly shifting data I
need to test. Ordinarily I would use cmp_deeply from Test::Deep, but it's not
quite structured enough. I need something similar to a Levenshtein edit
distance for complex data structures.

Let's say I have an AoA like this:

  [
    [   1, 'North Beach',       'au', 'city'  ],
    [   2, 'North Beach',       'us', 'city'  ],
    [   3, 'North Beach',       'us', 'city'  ],
    [   4, 'North Beach Hotel', 'us', 'hotel' ],
    [   5, 'North Beach',       'us', 'city'  ],
    [   6, 'North Beach',       'us', 'city'  ],
  ]

It's OK if I get back that data structure, but the 2 and 4 records are swapped
or maybe the 5 isn't present. However, for any contained array reference its
exact data can't change. However, if those came back in the order of
6,5,4,3,2,1, the test should fail (thus, I can't use bag tests).

Does anyone know of any test modules which allows this?

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Live and work overseas - http://overseas-exile.blogspot.com/