[resending from correct address]

Michael G Schwern schrieb am 30.03.2011 um 10:37 (+1100):
> (moving this to perl-qa because we decided to retire test-users)

Yeah, I noticed only after sending the mail to the test-users list.

> > I like a nice function syntax that doesn't require a lot of
> > punctuation. However, if you add a test to your capture block in a
> > position other than at the end, you'll have to update all the array
> > indices, which is awkward.
>
> The intention is to mitigate that by making your capture blocks small,
> but I hear ya.  Good point.
>

> > Wouldn't it therefore be better to make a closure over the results
> > that maintains the array index for you?
> >
> >   my $checker = make_result_checker $history->results;
> >   $checker->( {
> >     is_pass => 0,
> >     name    => "this is that",
> >     file    => $0,
> >   } );
> >   $checker->( {
> >     …
> >   } );
>
> Took me a moment to understand that.  Would this cover your need?
>
>     result_like shift @$results, {
>     };

That's very good! But does it mess with $history's results directly?
Or does $history->result return a shallow copy of the results?

> If you like it, could I get you to document the concern and technique
> in an EXAMPLES section?
> https://github.com/schwern/test-more/blob/Test-Builder2/lib/Test/Builder2/Tester.pm

Yes, you could. If you want me to commit directly, my github login is
milu71. Else I can send you an email.

--
Michael Ludwig