On 2011-04-13 06:40, Ovid wrote:
> If you're talking about rerunning the package tests on a module after it's
> been
> installed, I had been working on the idea of installing tests along with the
> code. This would require a few things:
>
> 1. A place to install the tests.
> 2. A way to save the test run history.
> 3. Possible cooperation from the CPAN, CPANPLUS, CPANM and other maintainers
> (see point 1).

What about Pod? [1] The Pod::Tests of Adamk has this implemented. The
"find_pods_with_tests" script is missing. But still will require the "3."
cooperation from both cpan shells (to run those) and the distribution
maintainers (to really put only non-destructive high-level black-box tests
there), right? Are there any CPAN authors that are using Pod tests already?

> I'll be at the QA Hackathon here in Amsterdam this weekend, so maybe I
> should resurrect this idea?

Yes let's just discuss the different approaches in Amsterdam!

Cheers,
Jozef

[1] http://dev.perl.org/perl6/rfc/183.html