Hi Gabor!

A very late answer but it needed to wait. I had it bookmarked for a
long time just for that answer. :-)

Gabor Szabo <szab...@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I just looked at http://qa.perl.org/ and I see it has 3 tabs on the
> left:
>
> Home  /     Testing your code  /    Testing CPAN and Perl
>
> I wonder if we could/should add another tab called
> "Testing other things with Perl"
> or
> "Testing with Perl"
> where we could showcase the tools in Perl that can be used to test
> any application regardless of its language.
>
> IT could mention things such as TAP, Smolder, WWW::Mechanize,
> Net::Telnet, Net::SSH and other Net::* modules DBI/DBD* etc.

To add to the list:

AMD just released “Tapper”, an open source test infrastructure with
automation, machine scheduling, webgui, result evaluation api and
testplan support.

Besides being generic and adaptive by nature it particularly supports
testing Operating Systems with Virtualization (Xen/KVM).

It is written in Perl, built around TAP, utilizes several TAP::*
toolchains from CPAN and is still language agnostic. E.g., it comes
with a thin wrapper for the autotest client (which is written in
Python) utilizing its TAP support.

See the full announcement and more ressources here:

  http://developer.amd.com/zones/opensource/AMDTapper/Pages/default.aspx

Kind regards,
Steffen
--