Hello,

I'm curious if a patch for prove that included an --exclude parameter
would be welcome?

Rationale:  I'm currently using prove to do some smoke testing, but I
have a few directories I don't want to smoke.   Rather than list all
the places that I do want to smoke, I'd rather list the places to
exclude.   This way, when new directories are added, I don't have to
remember to include them.

More general rationale:  Since prove already permits a list of places
to test, including a list of places not to test is really just adding
convenience without changing any current functionality.

Good idea / bad idea?

If this is deemed a bad idea, my next step would probably be to write
a tool that generates a list of arguments functionally equivalent to
using an exclude directive and then passes them on to prove.

Thanks,
-Dan