Subtests work in Test::Builder2. The design we worked out and documented here is implemented.
https://github.com/schwern/test-more/wiki/Subtest-Design

Test::Builder2->subtest exists and the TAP formatter understands subtest events.

However, it has not yet been plugged into Test::Builder's subtests. Before that happens, all the test state must first be removed from Test::Builder (all those things in Test::Builder->reset) and put into either the History object or an event watcher. This is because the Test::Builder object is no longer swapped out when a subtest happens. Instead, the History and other event watchers are. I've set up a milestone to hole issues related to that. https://github.com/schwern/test-more/issues?milestone=4&state=open

Fortunately, most of that has already been done previously as part of converting Test::Builder to use Test::Builder2 guts. I'm working on the last of it.

The other big piece is moving the logic in Test::Builder->_ending out into event watchers and formatters. Subtest watchers must do that logic when they end, not Test::Builder.

While I'm working on that, I'm constantly adding new small tasks to the issue tracker. If other people can do them that's more time I can focus on the hard stuff.

Here's easy (at least, straightforward) things:
https://github.com/schwern/test-more/issues?labels=Easy%2CTest-Builder2&sort=created&direction=desc&state=open&page=1

Docs:
https://github.com/schwern/test-more/issues?labels=Docs%2CTest-Builder2&sort=created&direction=desc&state=open&page=1

Refactorings:
https://github.com/schwern/test-more/issues?labels=Gardening%2CTest-Builder2&sort=created&direction=desc&state=open&page=1

James Keenan stepped up to the plate and took care of a few issues, thanks!

I've also written up how to work with Git that's smooth for both sides.
https://github.com/schwern/test-more/wiki/Recommended-Git-Workflow

--
Insulting our readers is part of our business model.
        http://somethingpositive.net/sp07122005.shtml