On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Michael G Schwern <schw...@pobox.com> wrote:
> I've never used the CPAN smoker software before and I'm hoping somebody has a
> recipe?

Regression testing is less well developed.  As far as I know, people
have rolled their own.

I have some poorly documented tools I used to use to regression smoke
Module::Build:

https://github.com/dagolden/cpan-testers-tools

Steffen has another regression smoker (possibly with some parts
adapted from mine) that he's been using to do Perl regression tests
against CPAN:

https://github.com/tsee/cpan_perl_branch_smoke

The general approach is this:

* Smoke configuration 1 and save reports to a directory
* Smoke configuration 2 and save reports to a different directory
* Compare directories and output HTML to browse differences

Hope that helps point you in the right direction.

-- David