# from Mark Stosberg on Friday 31 August 2012:
>I looked into the App/Prove.pm source code and immediately spotted the
>issue. It hardcodes that all "rules" should run in parallel. Thus,
>there would be no way to specify that something should never be run
>in parallel with anything else.

Hi Mark,

See also: 'rules' in the TAP::Harness pod, the source/comment on
TAP::Parser::Scheduler (_set_rules() &c.), and t/scheduler.t.

There is a disconnect between command-line flags to prove and the data
structure there.  I haven't had time to totally grok the scheduler code,
but I think you need something different than what the --rules option
was written to do (though we would have to ask someone who is using it
whether your patch breaks that use case -- I think the usage was to
prevent just a few tests from running at the same time as each other,
not from all others.)

In your case, it might be better to be able to just pass a schedule of
nested arrays (maybe as json or something?)

--Eric
    http://scratchcomputing.com