Hi all,

I'd like to know what is the best way to create a plugin for
https://metacpan.org/module/TAP::Harness which will behave similarly to
https://metacpan.org/module/Test::Run::Plugin::TrimDisplayedFilenames . I found
out that the runtests method can accept aliases to be displayed instead of the
filename itself using an arrayref of [ $test, $alias ], so I can simply wrap
runtests() in a subclass, process the arguments, and call next::method with the
modified arguments.

However, I still don't know how to write a plugin like that exactly (and how to
get prove to recognise it). This section -
https://metacpan.org/module/TAP::Harness#WRITING-PLUGINS - explains a bit about
how to do that with some hand-waving, but does not show any complete
top-to-bottom example, and I could not find anything with a metacpan search.

My motivation for doing this is to port the rest of the functionality I miss in
Test::Run (which failed to gain mainstream acceptance, and few people
aside from me are using it) into TAP::Harness.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish