>   Well, CJKV information processing by Ken Lunde provides
> more than enough information to support JOHAB and CP949/UHC/X-Windows-949 :-).
> In addition to that, there are existing implementations, glibc,libiconv,
> Mozilla and so forth. I'm not blaming any one here for the lack of
> support for Johab and CP949. (that's the last thing I'd do). Anyway,
> I'll try to help you with Korean encodings and other CJK encodings if
> necessary.

Excellent, thanks.  You may download the latest Perl developer snapshot
(which contains the latest Encode, 0.99) from:

        http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and look at the documentation under perl/ext/Encode/

>   For Johab, no new table is necessary because Hangul precomposed
> syllable mapping (to Unicode) is algorithmic while Hanjas and symbols can
> be mapped to KS X 1001 algorithmically and then mapped to Unicode
> using KS X 1001 mapping table.
>
>   BTW, how about Big5-HKSCS(Hongkong), GBK, and GB18030(PRC)?

I *think* (but me speekee no Chineese) we do support those in Encode,
but for space considerations one has to install an additional module,
Encode::HanExtra.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen