I was anticipating the release of 1.51 AFTER I get to bed and back.  But
my insomnia and earlier-than-expected responses from NI-XS and Autrijus
have accelerated the release by at lease 6 hours :)  Get it via

http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/Encode-1.51.tar.gz
or CPAN.

Though changes are small codewise, This release includes the updates in
two giant ucm files so diff will not be supplied.  Please get the whole
thing.

1.51 $Date: 2002/04/20 09:58:23 $
! t/TW.t
   Updated test suite by Autrijis so "make test" is happy again
! Encode.pm
   PerlIO detection a little bit smarter; no longer uses eval qq{}
   but eval {}.

Dan the Encode Maintainer