On Sunday, Sep 1, 2002, at 18:10 Asia/Tokyo, Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
> Apparently I'm missing something. 'make manifest' is only good for the
> expert, because you need to know which lines you have to delete from
> MANIFEST after running 'make manifest'. That's not obvious. If you
> know a trivial way to write a correct MANIFEST file, I'd be grateful
> if you could add it. Maybe then some of my documentation changes are
> not needed.

Right.  MANIFEST generation is not as trivial as it looks and 'make
manifest' does it trivially-too trivially....

[snip]

>> But I am not so happy if enc2xs becomes behemoth like h2xs.  Man, I
>> thought I had soothed all the feeping creaturism before the release of
>> 5.8.0....
>
> Please see if the patch below makes it a behemoth. It does just the
> following:
>
> Add Usage().
> Add Version().
> Add -h and -v.
> Die on an insufficient commandline.
> Removed @ARGV from the arguments to call the to make_configlocal_pm().
> Document what find_e2x does in a comment.
> Speed up find_e2x considerably.
> Tweak documentation.

Thank you.  Now your patch is in my repository.  But since we are not
in urgency,  I would like to wait for NI-XS for his tweaks/fix for 'use
encoding "utf8"' workaround.  Besides, I am a little busy taming Jaguar
right now...

Dan the Encode Maitainer.