On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 08:35:23PM +0300, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > I'll be happy to oblige and make a U::EAW with that, then.
> If it is found to work fine, we can certainly merge that later back
> into the core (maybe when Unicode 3.2.1 comes out).

Okay, I've put it together now.

Bug uncovered, though.

Line 88 in utf8_heavy.pl tests for user-definedness:

        if ($type =~ /^I[ns](\w+)$/) {

But it couldn't contain 'Is' anyway, because line 53 removed it:

        $type =~ s/^Is(?:\s+|[-_])?//i

So basically a user cannot define 'Is' properties on his/her own,
because the canonized form does not match the specified $type:

    sub Foo   { '0-0' }         # this doesn't work
    sub IsFoo { '0-0' }         # neither does this
    sub InFoo { '0-0' }
    print /\p{InFoo}/;          # okay
    print /\p{IsFoo}/;          # dies

Which is kind of disappointing, because I'll be forced to use
'InEastAsianFullwidth' instead of the more natural 'IsEastAsianFullwidth'
as the name.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/