On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:02:28 +0900
Dan Kogai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> SADAHIRO-san and cp9?? experts,
>
> On Thursday, Mar 27, 2003, at 00:44 Asia/Tokyo, SADAHIRO Tomoyuki wrote:
> > +<U20AC> \x80     |0 # EURO SIGN
>
> Is this right?  Yes, U20AC is indeed missing from cp936.ucm but see
> this;
(snip)

> So far as I check the Microsoft's pages
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/unicode/cscp.htm ->
> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/wincp.mspx ->
> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/dbcs/936.htm
>
> it indeed does use \x80 (though only \x00-\xFF are covered;  Where the
> heck is the FULL MAP!?).  But it seem this only applies to 936.  932
> (Japanese; Shift_JIS based), 949 (Korean; euc-kr based) and 950
> (Traditional Chinese; Big5-based) all leave \x80 blank.
>
> I would like more confirmation from experts;  cp936.ucm has been
> overhauled with a help of MORIYAMA san and back then and at that time
> FULL map was available from the URIs above.  And I think \x80 was not
> used for EURO SIGN back then.

I'm not any expert, but at least, I can tell you
that you can get the official full maps
by clicking a gray box (like [81], [81], ..., [FE])
in http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/dbcs/936.htm

or http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/dbcs/936/936_81.htm
   http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/dbcs/936/936_82.htm
etc.

This table does not include any UDC mappings
as well as the table provided on unicode.org.
I don't know why Microsoft has ceased to provides UDC mapping.

http://http.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WINDOWS/CP936.TXT

> Oh, I still have a copy of full mapping that was one available via URI
> above.  Let's see...
>
> cp936.txt says...
> > CODEPAGE 936            ; PRC GBK (XGB) - ANSI, OEM
> >
> > CPINFO 2 0x3f 0x003f    ; DBCS CP, Default Char = Question Mark
> >
> > MBTABLE 130
> >
> > 0x00    0x0000  ;Null
> > [snip]
> > 0x20    0x0020  ;Space
> > [snip]
> > 0x7f    0x007f  ;^?
> > 0x80    0x0080  ;<80>
> > 0xff    0xf8f5  ;<FF>
>
> \x80 is mentioned but not mapped to EURO SIGN.
>
> Please somebody tell me where to find the FULL map.
>
> Dan the Encode Maintainer with Too Many (Dead) Links to Follow

IBM's ICU provides another table, which includes UDC mappings
and Unicode-to-CodePage fallbacks (i.e. denoted by |1).

http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/charset/data/ucm/windows-936-2000.ucm

EURO SIGN is assigned between Unicode version 2.0 and 2.1.
cf. Unicode 2.1, UTR #8, http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr8/

Your table should be an older one than Unicode 2.0.

SADAHIRO Tomoyuki