On 21/10/2003 01:09:32 "Chris Whiting" wrote:

>I have implemented ... an Arabic shaping algorithm in
>Perl and was wondering if it would be useful to upload it to cpan.

I presume your algorithm depends on the Arabic presentation forms available as separately encoded characters in Unicode. If this is the case, and given that lots of Arabic characters in Unicode do not have all their presentation forms separately encoded, nor will any new presentation forms be added to the standard, it would seem such an algorithm would be of limited, and perhaps, misleading help.

Bob