On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:15:00AM +0200, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

: FWIW, for this particular "case" and for the Perl 5.10 and Perl 6
: I think the best way to handle these Unicode case foldings
: (CaseFoldings.txt and SpecCase.txt) would most probably be to do the
: foldings in _Perl_ compile-time: since there are, after all, only a
: few dozen of these special cases, generate the C folding code for /i
: and the folding functions straight from the Unicode data tables.

Fine by me.  I'm all in favor of both fast *and* smart when we
can get away with it.  And sometimes even when we can't...  :-)

Larry