Hi all,

I realize that this isn't a curses forum, but I wasn't able to find a better perl curses forum to ask this on.  If someone knows of a better place to ask perl curses questions, please let me know.

I've inherited a curses install and some utilities and need to get them working with wide characters so that people can properly view strings in Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.  We're currently using the curses 1.06 module and perl 5.8.

I would have bet money that someone had already written wide character support into perl curses at some point, but Googling around has not been much help at all.

My questions for you:  Are you aware of a perl curses package/implementation which includes wide character support?

If so, where can I find it?

If not, is there no other recourse other than writing the functions in myself?  Eg addwstr, etc.

Thank you in advance for your time,

Jeremy