Let me rephrase the question since there are some questions I don't know.

What I'm wanting to do is be able to accept a text file from the command
line.  What I was told is that another party is going to connect to our
secure server
I would think they would be using the native tools in windows to do a HTTPS
post. The client OS should be Win 95, 98, NT, or 2000.   My script is just
going to read the text file they give my script and I'm going to write it
into a directory.  Thats it.

many thanks,
byron

"When you sell a man a book, you don't sell him 12 ounces of paper and ink
and glue - you sell him a whole new life." - Christopher Morley

"Thanks O'REILLY." - Me