This is a good resource if you haven't checked this already:
http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/pod/perldebug.html#Debugging_Perl_me
mory_usage

Also, if this is a daemon, there is a trick that many daemons use to make
sure any memory leaks do not eventually fill up all available memory: they
re-exec themselves. You could do that with your perl script, although that
is really a workaround, not a solution.

--
Mark Thomas                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sr. Internet Architect         User Technology Associates, Inc.

$_=q;KvtuyboopuifeyQQfeemyibdlfee;; y.e.s. ;y+B-x+A-w+s; ;y;y; ;;print;;