How do you install a perl module on a computer without a C compiler.

The standard way to do this from the documentation is to do
        perl Makefile.PL
        make
        make install

Unfortunately this doesn't work when I try to install on computers in
our production environment, where no C compiler is installed.
Placing a C compiler on the production computers is not an option.

I tried to build the module tar it up and run make install on one
of the production computers, but this didn't work, because make
tried to compile the module again, even though it was already
build and failed because there is no C compiler.

I looked at the make file to figure out where the module is placed.  I
believe I figured it out.

I placed the .pm file
        .../perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/
and the so file in
        .../perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/<Module name>

There are a few other files that are modified, but don't seem to be
important.  Although I could be wrong.

This works on one host, but unfortunately will not work on all hosts,
since the location where perl is installed differs depending on how
the computer was built.  I can work around this, but this seems like
a hard way to do this.  I would tend to think that many places install
perl extensions using some kind of tool.

Before I go about writing an install script or Solaris package,
I thought I had better ask if there is a way to install modules,
without having to compile them on each computer.

Ron