Title: Perl script calls to command line?
You can put a command into single quotes

@output = `$cmd`;

or you can use system

system("$cmd");

Keep in mind that if MS-DOS programs can only handle a maximum of 9 arguments where UNIX can have more.

Also if you command includes the path and there are spaces you may need to put quotes around the dir name.

...from...

c:/Program Files/GreatStuff/application

...to...

c:/"Program Files"/GreatStuff/application

---
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Galactic Hero)
Diplomacy: The art of saying good doggie
while searching for a big rock.