I need to get 2 digit time and date in a scalar when there is only 1 digit.

Eg:  Using printf with %02d, I am able to get 05 to print at 5 min past the hour.

printf("%02d",$Minute)

I need to assign this output to a scalar variable so that I can use it as part of a
filename later in the code.  This is a snippit of what I tried.

$realminute = printf("%02d",$Minute);
This works but prints the formatted minute.  I do not want it to print, just assign
the scalar with two digits.

Craig A. Sharp
Unix Systems Administrator
DNS Administrator
Security Administrator
Roush Industries
Office: 734-466-6286
Cell: 734-231-6769
Fax: 734-466-6939
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I have not lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
This electronic transmission, including all attachments, is directed in confidence
solely to the person(s) to which it is addressed, or an authorized recipient, and may
not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed. The contents of the transmission
may also be subject to intellectual property rights and all such rights are expressly
claimed and are not waived. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then immediately
delete this transmission, including all attachments, without copying, distributing or
disclosing same.