Hoi

I have an example of a install

Writing Makefile for Compress::Zlib
cp Zlib.pm blib/lib/Compress/Zlib.pm
AutoSplitting blib/lib/Compress/Zlib.pm (blib/lib/auto/Compress/Zlib)
/usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/ExtUtils/xsubpp  -typemap
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap  Zlib.xs > Zlib.xsc && mv
Zlib.xsc Zlib.c
gcc -B/usr/ccs/bin/ -c  -I./zlib-src -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O   -DVERSION=\"1.33\"
-DXS_VERSION=\"1.33\" -fPIC "-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/CORE"   Zlib.c
^C^Fmake: *** [Zlib.o] Error 130
  /usr/local/bin/make  -- NOT OK

Its looking in wrong library 5.6.0 and not in the new /usr/local/perl/lib/...!

I have put the
makepl_arg         PREFIX=/usr/local/perl, LIB=/usr/local/perl/lib
in the Config.pm file.

Greetings Miguel

                   /////
                  (o o)