Thank you everyone for responding to my question.

perdeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas, Mark - BLS CTR [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 9:26 AM
To: Mehta, Perdeep
Cc: Perl-Unix-Users (Perl-Unix-Users)
Subject: RE: [Perl-unix-users] parsing multiple arrays

In general, when you have basic algorithmic task such as below, I recommend
first using http://search.cpan.org to find out if someone has packaged the
functionality you need as a module. Usually you find such a module. And in
fact, I found List::Compare, which seems to do exactly what you have
requested.

Also, if you're not familiar with it already, you may want to check out the
bioperl set of modules (http://search.cpan.org/~birney/bioperl-1.4/). You
can create Sequence objects and perform operations on them, compare them,
etc. I am not in bioinformatics so I'm unfamiliar with them, but you may be
able to save yourself a lot of wheel-reinventing.

There's also a whole series of O'Reilly books on the subject of perl and
bioinformatics (http://bio.oreilly.com/).

--
Mark Thomas                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet Systems Architect     DigitalNet, Inc.

$_=q;KvtuyboopuifeyQQfeemyibdlfee;; y.e.s. ;y+B-x+A-w+s; ;y;y; ;;print;;