From: vega, james <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:39:52 -0400
Subject: RE: [Perl-unix-users] Odd problems from shell commands run via RP
        C service
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

That's what we're doing.  As I said, it's only sporadically that these
commands don't return STDOUT.  For the most part, they work, but
sometimes we have problems.  One way that we've worked around the
STDOUT problem is by redirecting STDOUT to a file and then reading
back the file, but that shouldn't be necessary.  I've stepped through
the code and run the command directly on the host when I see the
problem occur in our script to see if it's something odd happening on
the system itself, but no luck there.