Martin Moss wrote:

> Hey Bill, thanks for your input, but no, I was simply
> meaning that the string of perl I was trying to create
> would have some values that were themselves dynamic.
> These dynamic values quite often contained {[()[EMAIL PROTECTED])
> chars, which if I didn't escape them properley would
> break the syntax for the perl hash ref.

Your example didn't manage to get your point across.
Neither does that explanation.

> Now I just have to read them back in and pattern match
> against them in other files, think the \Q \E syntax
> should do that, will look it up.

I fail to understand what you are getting at.  Would you have an
example to show that explains what you have so far managed not
to have explained ?  ;)

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]