From: Scott Campbell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: September 21, 2004 9:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: perlapp 5.2.0 Build 520 problem on Linux

I successfully compile (with perlapp) and execute a perl script (test.pl) which uses
the GD module.  I am compiling and executing on
the same box the GD libs are on.
When I take the compiled test.cgi script to another linux box, and try to execute it,
I get the following error:

Can't load 'auto/GD/GD.so' for module GD: auto/GD/GD.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory at
/PerlApp/DynaLoader.pm line 212.
 at perlapp line 1011

This seems to me to be an issue with "perlapp".  It seems to not be binding/adding the
GD.so file correctly.

I am compiling with "perlapp test.pl -o test.cgi".  I have tried adding options like
"--add GD", and "--bind GD.so", but to no
avail.  I'm thinking a combination between an add/bind option, as well as possibly
something in the test.pl source needs to be
added.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom?  I'd very much appreciate any info.

Perl Version: v5.8.0 built for i686-linux-thread-multi

Thank you.

Scott Campbell
Senior Software Developer
Somix Technologies