Also...to add on to dollar bill, in Unix the path uses "/", while Windows uses "\".  may be part of the path problem for the windows side.

Jim.

Jim Deeke
IBM Capacity Planning
602-766-6897

"M.Srinivasa Rao" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

03/09/2005 11:00 PM

Please respond to
srinivasaraom

<perl-unix-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
cc
Subject
[Perl-unix-users] execute the statement using the "exec ksh -c" in        HP UNIX

I am migrating tcl/tk application from Hp Unix to windows.one of tcl/tk
script contain  following line of statement.

                -command {exec ksh -c "$path/startexp.pl  http://www.perl.com/download.csp"
&}

I am calling the tcl scripts using the perl in windows as well as unix.

startexp.pl contain the following code.
-------------------------------
$url = ""> if (win32) {

                system("iexplore $url");
} elseif (hpunix)

                system("mozilla $url");
}

1) In windows I am able to open the url  using  the statement given below .

                -command {exec cmd  /c "$path/startexp.pl http://www.perl.com/download.csp"
&}

2) In unix I am not able to get the url which I am passing along with
startexp.pl

                -command {exec ksh -c "$path/startexp.pl  http://www.perl.com/download.csp"
&}

I am not able to find the reason why I could not url when running in unix.

                The way I am calling is correct or not?
                In unix shall I use ksh -c when script calling using perl.
                Is there any alternative to ksh -c ?

Please suggest and help me towards this.

With Regards,
Srinivas.