Hi Arijit,

As far as I'm aware SIGnals are the only generic
mechanism you can use to jump out of code from any
point of execution...

So without knowing the contents of the subroutine
you're running it's not easy to suggest a way for it
to work. Perhaps you could post that subroutine?

Is it doing any 'blocking' activities? Coudl there be
an external factor involved in this subroutine taking
a long time intermittently?

Marty